315 W Oak Ave, Jonesboro, AR 72401 | 870-935-5133
Fall Storytime Schedule
Family Storytime is for children of all ages. Our evening storytime is ideal for working families who desire to spend quality time together. These storytimes typically last 30-40 minutes and usually include a craft.
PeeWee Storytime is available for families with children ages 3 and under. We do ask that an adult sit with the child during this session to help the child participate in the stories, songs, movement activities, and fingerplays. Siblings are always welcome! These sessions typically last about 30 minutes and usually include a craft.
Preschool Storytime is for families with children ages 4-6. We encourage adults to participate with their children. Siblings are always welcome! These sessions typically last 30 minutes and usually include a craft.
Lapsit Storytime is for our youngest Library patrons and their parents or caregivers. Newborns and children up to 24 month olds can enjoy stories, movement activities, songs, and plenty of time for free play. Guided storytimes typically last 15-20 minutes, followed by free play.
What we have to offer
The Children's Library offers a variety of storytimes throughout the year. The staff adapts stories, songs and movement activities to match the ages and attention spans of the children attending. Storytime at the library provides children with opportunities to expand their worlds through books and to learn social skills in a group setting. Through our storytimes, we hope to:
- Share the best of children's literature and illustrations.
- Introduce the library and its services to children and families.
- Teach children that the library is a helpful, friendly place.
- Encourage children to become lifelong readers.
- Provide children with group activities and experiences.
- Promote language development and provide verbal learning experiences.
- Promote reading aloud at home by parents and caregivers.
Preparing for your visit
Storytimes depend on the cooperation of parent, child, and storyteller. Help us make storytime an enjoyable experience for your child by:
- Before you arrive, discuss what to expect at storytime.
- Please arrive on time. Children are easily distracted by newcomers.
- Be attentive and participate in the program with your child.
- Please take children who become restless outside the storytime area or try again another day.
- Teach your child about library manners---quiet voices and no running.
- Teach your child that books are to be valued and treated with respect.
- Bring your library card each week and use it regularly to share books with your child.
- Have fun!
Special storytimes or visits for day cares, schools, home school groups, scout troops, etc. must be scheduled by calling 935-5133 ext. 9993.
Fall Storytime (September 8th-December 5th)
Mondays - 6:00 p.m.
2&3 Year-Olds (PeeWee)
Tuesdays - 10:00 a.m.
Wednesdays - 10:00 a.m.
4&5 Year-Olds (Preschool)
Tuesdays - 10:45 a.m.
Wednesdays - 10:45 a.m.
Lapsit (Newborns to 24 months)
Thursdays - 10:00 a.m.
Fridays - 9:30 a.m.
January - April
June - July
September - December