315 W Oak Ave, Jonesboro, AR 72401 | 870-935-5133
Notary Public Service
The Public Library provides free basic Notary services for the public. Please call (870) 935-5133 ex. 9995 for availability and hours.
- Please bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and unsigned documents to be notarized. The name printed on the ID must be an exact match for the signer's name. Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary in order to be valid
- All information above the signature line must be completed before requesting notary service.
- Patrons must bring their own witnesses, if needed. The library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the library. A witness must (previously) personally know the person needing the service of the Notary. This individual must also provide valid photo identification.
- Documents to be notarized must be in English.
- The information must be clearly written. The Library Notary and the customer requesting Notary service must be able to clearly communicate directly with each other. Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate from the customer requesting Notary services.
- Documents to be notarized must contain a Notary Public jurat or acknowledgement.
- Notaries cannot pre-date or post-date an action, prepare a legal document or give advice on legal matters, or notarize documents in which they have a personal interest.
- Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the library. In the event, the library notary may, at his or her sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.
- To ensure adequate time for service, notary services will end fifteen minutes prior to closing.
- The Library’s free notary service is intended for simple documents (auto titles, etc.) that do not require special expertise. Documents we will not notarize:
- Real estate transactions including mortgage and housing refinance documents, including Quit Claim Deeds.
- Employment eligibility verification, Homeland Security, I-9 Forms
- Documents written in any language other than English
- Auto titles without buyer address and name
Library notary publics are not attorneys licensed to practice law, and are not able to give legal advice
We reserve the right to refuse notarizing documents for any legal reason.