Craighead County Jonesboro Public Library (CCJPL) will host another arts and crafts event for local artisans.
The event will be Saturday, April 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. In the case of bad weather, the event will be postponed to Saturday, April 28th.
Vendors may apply for booth spaces—most spaces are 10’x10’ with smaller ones (10’x8’) also available. There is no cost for space, and the library will not require a percentage of sales.
The library will accept applications until Friday, March 16th and will notify applicants by Wednesday, March 28th. Late applications will be reviewed if booth spaces are still available. Applicants must submit photos of their work in order to be considered.
To apply, fill out a print application and bring or mail it to the library, or fill out the online application form at www.libraryinjonesboro.org/artsapplication. Email email@example.com or call 870-935-5133 with any questions.
- Vendors must live in Northeast Arkansas. Only those selling handmade items created by local artisans will be accepted. No reselling is permitted, with the exception of “upcycled” crafts (i.e. original crafts made from found materials). No food items allowed for sale or giveaway.
- The library will not accept any items in violation of applicable trademark laws; anyone selling trademarked items (for example, Red Wolves or other sports teams merchandise, any goods bearing the likeness of television or movie characters, etc.) must have a license from the trademark holder permitting them to do so. Anyone selling unlicensed items will be asked to leave the event.
- The library will consider the quality and uniqueness of items, available space, and the need to have a wide variety of crafts and price points available when choosing artisans.
- Vendors must set up their booths in their assigned space between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. and take down their booths between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Vendors must be ready to sell at the event’s start and stay until the event ends. Vendors may NOT set up any earlier than 9 a.m. the day of the event.
- Vendors are responsible for providing all materials for setting up booths, including tables, chairs, and display materials. Vendors may bring canopy tents, if desired. Everything must fit into allotted 10’x10’ or 10’x8’ space.
- Vendors may share a booth, provided that vendor application includes information about all artisans/items and photos of all work to be sold.
- The library is not responsible for vendor items or money.
- Vendors must ensure their booth space is clear of trash before leaving. No smoking will be allowed in booths or event area.
- Vendors are responsible for collecting and securing money and making change
- Vendors must collect sales tax for each sale at this event. An envelope and instructions will be provided to vendors. Money collected for sales tax must be turned into a library representative at the end of the event.
- Electricity will not be provided, nor can extension cords be used to access power.